Pick-Your-Own Strawberries 6/20
Time & Location
About the Event
It's definitely one of our favorite times of the year. Flowers on the strawberry plants, a hopeful sign of renewal. Let's celebrate the bountiful harvest together - apart and safely!
What to Expect
New safety picking guidelines per MA Bulletin 2020-16, the Commonwealth of MA in response to COVID 19 includes robust social distancing guidelines with a limited the number of PYO guests who can enter fields, areas and orchards at one time. To meet state requirements, Cider Hill Farm is able to allow limited people to enter each field at one single time. This means you need to book your tickets AND picking time ahead so we may stagger your experience accordingly. Walk-ins welcome but not guaranteed picking.
Arrival - How to Check In
Check-in at the farm store. Here, you will pick up your 1.) pre-purchased picking containers and wristbands 2.) retrieve your designated field assignment. When you arrive to your assigned strawberry field, an attendant on location will assign you specific rows. This allows for safe distancing + access to the best picking spot! Allow for 1.5 hours for your total picking experience.
Picking Locations & Preferences
We will be opening 6 strawberry fields to the public. 3 of the fields are accessible by foot and 3 require hayrides. Our team understands that your kiddos might want to take a hayride or some follks are seriously craving a gorgeous walk amidst the orchards or are unable to walk extended distances. We promise - we understand and will best accommodate your needs upon arrival.
Safety & Sanitation
If you are not feeling well, reschedule your picking experience. Tickets are transferable to a different day or another picker within the 2020 strawberry season. Anyone picking strawberries must:
- Follow all PYO signage and assigned picking locations
- Per MA Bulletin 2020-16, pickers must keep your mask on at all times. Customers who do not have masks or cloth face coverings are not allowed to pick.
- Wash your hands at wash stations prior to picking
- Maintain social distancing space of at least six (6) feet from one another, or between family groups
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Children must maintain proximity to family members and guardians while in PYO areas
- Minimize any unnecessary touching - look for ripeness before you pick fruit (this is an important picking practice anyway :)
- No sampling or consuming strawberries or other foods while picking strawberries
Strollers & Wagons
We encourage strollers that are suited for dirt roads. Minimal gray wagons will be available as our team needs to sanitize each wagon between use.
Plan accordingly. The farm offers port-o-johns with wash stations. All port-o-johns will be space apart with sanitation guidelines posted. Please follow protocol to keep us all community safe.
All individuals over 3 years of age in PYO fields must have a ticket.
Additional picking containers will be available for purchase at picking location.
Book time slots in advance. We are unable to guarantee picking without reservation.
No outside picking containers allowed.
Keep personal items to a minimum including backpacks - diaper bags permitted.
Picking is rain or shine - wear those cute farm boots!
Tickets are transferable but not refundable.
- Picker's Ticket$8$80$0